Friday, February 17, 2012

"The Last Stand" is on GW front page internationally!

This is something that has touched my heart today, as a big fan of GW universe that I am. In GW "What's New Today" blog they decided to mention my "The Last Stand of the Crimson Fists", as they are now celebrating the 25 years of Warhammer 40,000 and say my piece as a good example of a tribute to the classic imagery of the game.


Here you can see the article they dedicated to my diorama:

GW: What's New on 17 February 2012

It's actually on GW website frontpage for every country! The dream of a little child come true, there's tears in my eyes! :)

Thanks to my friend Carletes for letting me know!

Remember there are more photos of the diorama on my blog and there's even a massive diary about how I made it. Quite a lot of effort I put into that one, indeed!

10 comments:

Thanos_Malkav said...

Congratulations!!!
As you have said, a child dream achieved ;)

sonsoftaurus said...

Very nice work indeed! I've always been impressed with the modeling works that are based so closely on artwork, and yours is certainly quite ambitious!

Sigmar said...

Congratulations and outright respect ! Fantastic, well done Rafael.

Sigmar

Mr Saturday said...

Congratulations, well deserved.

Dave Garbe said...

well done! That was a fantastic piece to see built.

Porky said...

Without a doubt congratulations - to my mind your piece would make the ideal 25th anniversary release.

Benni said...

Congratulations! In my opinion a more than well deserved front page cover. You created a stunning piece of art.

Rafa Coll said...

Es un trabajo enorme en todos los sentidos. Por lo que tiene calidad sobrada para esto y para mucho mas.

Unknown said...

That is looking fantastic! Great Job!

Oz said...

The Crimson Fists have always been my favorite, and I bought that book brand new off the shelf the month it hit stores here in the US.

I love your piece, always have, it's well deserved on the front page Rafa!

Oh and thanks for the Medievil Demolition, showed up in great condition!

Oz