Friday, March 21, 2014

Retrospecter: The Ork Nob

It's Friday! What a good day for a good old...


Retrospecter!

Let's go back into the past and dig up some old classic from my gallery! The Ork Nob!

It was the year 2008. I wanted to try entering a single category in Golden Demon for the first time (I had entered only squads previously). I've always loved Orks (WHO DOESN'T!) and I thought it could be a cool theme for a single mini. So I picked up some Ork plastic pieces, a metal Ork Nob from a GW blister pack, and I started experimenting with no fixed idea, just looking for something cool! Check out what I did!

Inspired by the previous work of one of my favourite painters and friend Sebastian Archer (automaton), and with the invaluable help of my master Alfonso Giraldes (Banshee) on the night before the contest, I managed to get silver sharing podium with my other two beloved artists, Jeremie Bonamant (Eldar Harlequin) and Juan Carlos Ávila (Nurgle Chaos Space Marine). Oh, the great days of the Raspura Oscura!

Remember...?

This miniature is now part of the MuMi collection, a future museum initiative which I can't wait to see come true!

Until our next Retrospecter, enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

PaintingBuddha said...

This mini actually inspired me to ALMOST finish an ork nob! It's about 90% done, which is more than I can say for most of my other projects.

I really love this version, one of my favorite orks of all times.

Warhammer 40k Bitz Store said...

Beautiful figurine! Exceptional painting and what I like most is the coherence of the model with the base. Very good job